|Source from Wikimedia Commons|
“The Bible encourages people to put their faith in God. Unfortunately, many people equate faith with a blind leap in the dark or wishful thinking. But the faith that the Bible requires is intelligent faith. It is neither blind nor irrational. Biblical faith is a committing trust with an object (God) who is worthy of our faith. No one is asked to sacrifice his intellect when he puts his faith in the God of the Bible.” –Don Stewart,The Ten Wonders of the Bible, 1990, p. 13.
“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” -Herbert Spencer
Let us walk the path carefully. There are so many questions. We ask:What does it mean to be human? And who is God? Is there a God? View this presentation by the noted speaker Dr. Ravi Zacharias:
Christianity: The Facts
Bibles by language...
Ravi Zacharias on What it means to be Human
C.S. Lewis on What Christians Believe
Scientific Evidence for God's Existence, Hugh Ross
Dr. Francis Collins on The Language of God
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed Documentary on Intelligent Design Movement
Ravi Zacharias at Princeton University, Q&A Section
Does God Exist? Debate between Frank Turek and Dennis Normark
Does Satan Exist? Debate between Mark Driscoll and Deepok Chopra
What best explains reality, theism or atheism? Debate between Frank Turek and Christopher Hitchens
Lecrae on the topic of engaging culture for Jesus
Recommended further reading and documentaries
A Final Word
Please explore this blog and the writings of the greats to make a decision on whether God is or he isn't. I have come to believe that it is highly reasonable to believe that the God of the Bible is truly real. I encourage you to examine the evidence for yourself, and open the Bible and ask God to reveal himself to you through it. Thank you, and Godspeed.
- Origin, Meaning, Morality, & Destiny: An atheist and a Christian on discuss Worldview
- Seven Objections to the Bible and Seven Reasonable Responses
- Quick Fact Sheet: Four Points to Consider
- 10 Answers to Common Questions Raised by Skeptics
- Believing in the Miraculous: The Work of Jesus Christ on the Cross
- Can you see through the illusion?
- Philosophy, Science, Logic, and History: Presentations on the Truth of Christianity from Multiple Disciplines
- No Evidence for God?
- Declaration of Worldview (What we Believe)
- Reasonable Evidence for Christianity