I'm doing this post as part of a monthly group of Christian bloggers who address a different engaging issue every month. If you'd like to become a part of that or check out the rest of the blog posts in this category click here.
So let's say me today, a broken, disturbed, somewhat troubled and depressed Christian man. And God drops a time machine in my living room, and I jump in and head back 20 years to find myself at age 9... What would I say? Or do?
Well I was pretty messed in the head by the time I was 9 years old. I suppose I would walk up to that little snot and tell him to shape up. And of course he wouldn't. I wasn't too bad at age 9 though. Writing stories and playing with action figures.
Ahh, I know what I would do. I would toss him an apologetics study Bible. So that he can know Christ sooner than age 27 half dead and drug addicted, raped, and mentally defeated. I don't think that little snot would read it though, if it didn't relate to Star Wars in some way it usually ended up grandma's rummage sale. Hell..
I guess if I could go back 20 years and tell him something, I'd tell him to do exactly what he's going to do, and I'll write about it. Yes.. I stole that from Thoreau. So I can't say that. How about, "It's a good thing God is merciful you little twerp, cuz you're gonna flip when your parents divorce and nearly completely self destruct to the point of death."
Then my little 9 year old self would run away crying. Mommy!
What would you tell yourself in the past?
- Justin Steckbauer – What Do You Wish You Knew 10 or 20 years ago?
- Michael Donahoe – What I Wish I had Known
- Mary – What I Wish I Would Have Known as a Newlywed
- Heather Wheat – As a Young Mother, I Wish I Had Known…
- Michelle – Ten Years of Wisdom
- Michelle – Twenty Years of Wisdom
- Wesley Rostoll – If I Could Speak to a Younger Version of Me
- Peggy – From Peggy … To Peggy
- Glenn Hager – The Reluctant Time Lord
- Carol Kuniholm – Life Lessons from Lydia
- Edwin Adrich – A Note to My Younger Self
- Paul Metler – A Note to my 20 Year Ago Self
- Liz Dyer – Dear Me
- Kathy Escobar – Never Say Never
- Jeremy Myers – A Letter to the “Me” of 15 Years Ago
- Kimberly Klein – Be Free, Be You
- Loveday Anyim – Hot Romance with the Dreams of the Sparkling Old Times
- Susan Cottrell - Be Kind To Yourself