|Source from Wikimedia Commons|
Organizations, Ministries, and Websites:
BibleGateway.com - This is my favorite reference website for searching the Bible. It's got it all, references, dictionaries, free resources, audio bible, any translation you can think of.
Open Bible - Topical - Open Bible is a great website for topical searches on any topic imaginable, ESV format.
Bible Study Tools - This site is great for more advanced studies of scripture, I love the free searchable NASB/KJV concordance. Those paper concordances are daunting, this website makes it quick and manageable.
Compassion International - Compassion.com is a charity that is very highly rated. They serve children in countries all over the world. I highly recommend supporting this charity if you can!
Sermon Index - This is an awesome resource for downloadable sermons from all the great preachers over the ages of Christianity, all completely free mp3 downloads. I love it!
Living Waters - the ministry of Ray Comfort, I highly recommend checking out his resources. His ministry has been a blessing to my walk and Ray is big on evangelism. We need more of that.
YouVersion Bible App - My favorite Bible app, free, with dozens of versions and free playable audio Bibles all from a smart phone. Pretty awesome!
Reaching You Ministries - Kristen Jane Anderson is an absolute inspiration. She attempted suicide in her teens and was ran over by a train. She miraculously survived and now travels to campuses and churches telling her story of salvation through Jesus Christ.
89Q Your Positive Hits Wisconsin Radio - support 89Q, a Christian rock station helping people today who face the tough job of being a Christian in a world trounced by sin. These are some great people, support their ministry please :)
Wisconsin Christian News - One of the few standing Christian newspapers in Wisconsin. Support these guys if you can. They cover a lot of difficult topics that don't seem to ever come up on the mainstream media television news.
Abolish Human Abortion - Join the movement to abolish human abortion, through abolitionist societies across the USA.
Persecution.org - Help support the persecuted church in foreign countries by taking action through petitions and media campaigns.
Discovery Institute - I love the discovery institute! They put forward the reasonable evidence for intelligent design and actively appose the massive Darwinian establishment.
Answers in Genesis - A ministry in support of young earth science.
Cross Examined - An excellent apologetics ministry, support these folks and share their videos.
Reasonable Faith - William Lane Craig is one of the greatest Christian apologists of all time, support and raise awareness of his powerful ministry, reasonable faith.
Applied Apologetics - An important Apologetics ministry.
Ratio Christi- With chapters all over the USA this apologetics ministry is quickly gaining ground.
CARM.org - Online apologetics ministry, moderately Calvinist.
Got Questions - Online apologetics ministry, moderately calvinist in it's answers.
Focus on the Family - A ministry in support of the nuclear family.
Alliance Defending Freedom - An organization focused on supporting religious liberties in the United States.
Youth for Christ - Youth for Christ is a wonderful organization that guides young people in their path in ministry by providing them chances to serve in meaningful ways in the body of Christ through speaking and leadership.
Cru - A ministry for young college students.
Bible Hub - Excellent Bible study website.
Wycliffe Bible Translators - Wycliffe translators help translate the Bible into new languages to unreached people groups.
Converge International - Converge is a massive organization of Baptist Evangelical churches. They generally have good churches in their network that stick close to the Bible and engage young people.
Ravi Zacharias International Ministries - RZIM is a very important international organization that propagates the gospel through Christian Apologetics.
The Veritas Forum - The Veritas forum is one of my all time favorite ministries. They have chapters at major universities in the USA and Europe. They bring speakers to debate with prominent atheists, and to give presentations at universities like Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Oxford, and many others. I watch their videos on Youtube and share them a great deal.
Evangelical Intelligentsia - a website of apologetics content and videos on thinking faith.
The Freedom from Atheism Foundation - A ministry dedicated to answering the objections of atheists.
Biola University - an amazing Christian university in California. I would love to attend Biola for a doctorate in Apologetics.
Liberty University - The largest Christian University on planet Earth. This is where I attend. Founded by Jerry Falwell in 1971. Teachers include greats like Ed Hindson, Elmer Towns, and Gary Habermas.
The Salvation Army - I work for a small Salvation Army corps in Michigan. I deeply believe in the mission of the Salvation Army. They were founded in 1865 by William Booth. The SA practice what they preach. They do exactly what Christ instructed, serve the poor and preach the word.
Jews for Jesus - Many Jewish people love Jesus and are dedicated to bringing God's chosen people, the Jews, to saving knowledge of Christ Jesus.
Christianaudio.com - Download and order Christian audiobooks and other content.
Christianbook.com - Purchase Christian books and other items.
Voice of the Martyrs - Help support the persecuted church through this large ministry.
C.S. Lewis Institute - An organization that carries on the legacy of C.S. Lewis and his Christian beliefs.
Socrates in the City - A ministry of Eric Metaxas, heavy on apologetics and reaching intellectuals with the Gospel.
The Institute for Creation Research - A very important scientific ministry.
Always Be Ready Apologetics Ministry - An apologetics ministry that I support.
Church Leaders.com - A website with articles geared toward Christian leaders.
Old Earth Ministries - a ministry of Christianity and old earth views on the age of the Earth.
Evolution News - a website with articles and news on science, evolution, and intelligent design.
(listings and descriptions from: Patheos)
- Split Frame of Reference: An interesting (sometimes funny) mix of faith, theology, and popular culture.
- Confessions of a Funeral Director: In my opinion, Caleb Wilde is a wonderful writer/thinker. On his blog, he covers life/death, personal journey, family life, and commentary about faith topics.
- Alise… Write!: Alise is a beautiful writer who tackles various topics/ideas about faith, doubt, and personal journey.
- Shawn Smucker: I’m new to reading Shawn’s blog (a mix of story, encouragement, and personal journey), but it’s quickly become one of my favorite reads.
- In.A.Mirror.Dimly: Author Ed Cyzewski is one of my favorite theologians and his blog is a must read for any person who studies God and faith.
- Sarah Over the Moon: I love how Sarah Moon thinks. She’s a lovely writer, full of passion, emotion, and love for good things.
- Jamie the Very Worst Missionary: Jamie’s blog tagline says it all–Inappropriate remarks, embarrassing antics, and generally lame observations from a Christian missionary in Costa Rica. And that’s why I love her.
- Mama Monk: Micha Boyett is one of Christianity’s best kept secrets, a fantastic writer who is as comfortable and prolific writing about parenthood as she is writing about theology–sometimes both at the same time.
- Man of Depravity: The “depraved” soul behind the blog is Tyler Braun. What I love about Tyler’s blog (which covers a wide range of topics, including faith, theology, church leadership, worship, and lots more) is that, when I read his blog, I feel as though I’m watching a man learn, make mistakes, and grow. And that’s what blogging is all about.
- Some Wise Guy: I confess, I don’t read ThatKCGuy’s blog as often as I should! But every time I do, I’m reminded of why I bookmarked it a year or so ago. ThatKCGuy is a practical writer, one who sucks truth and wisdom out of every day circumstances. What I love most about this blog is that I almost always can relate. And that’s a powerful gift.
- Slacktivist: Fred Clark is a fantastic blogger. Not only is he a talented thoughtful writer, he’s also thorough, unafraid to tackle difficult/controversial topics, and wonderfully opinionated. Progressive and wise, add Slacktivist on your blog reader.
- Christian Piatt: I love Christian Piatt! Yes, because he’s a fantastic writer, wise beyond his years, but also because his words challenge me. His thoughts on God, fatherhood, and being a follower of Jesus make me better at all of those things. And he’s not afraid to be opinionated about a myriad of topics–from God to politics.
- Sarcastic Lutheran: Nadia Bolz-Weber’s writing convicts me. And I doubt that she’s trying to do that. But that’s what happens. Her humility and love (and occasional sass) challenges my life and faith.
- Faith Goes Pop: A thoughtful and interesting look at the intersection of “God” and “popular culture”.
- Joy in this Journey: My friend Joy Bennett is excellent at bringing an interesting angle to a Christian topic, idea, or belief. Full of wise passion, Joy’s writing offers reflections, frustrations, and lots of hope. This is a great blog if you love engaging faith conversations.
- Carole Smith Turner: Carole has long been one of my favorite bloggers! Her writings and thoughts have, for many, gone under the radar. And I think that’s a travesty! I love Carole’s willingness to ask difficult questions, engage topics that are political or “taboo,” and always express her opinions with thoughtfully and kindly.
- History in the Making: Lots of people know Ben Arment (the creative and intelligent man behind History in the Making), but more people need to read this man’s blog! Not only is Ben (who is also the founder of Story conference) a talented leader and marketer, he’s a darn good blogger. Always interesting and creative about the topics he posts about, Ben is one of the handful of blogs that I read several times a week.
- UNTITLED: I’m fascinated by blogger (and creative director) Blaine Hogan’s blog (UNTITLED is also the name of Blaine’s latest book) about creativity. Perhaps that’s because I work in a creative field. But I think almost anybody can glean some good thoughts from his words. And that’s why he’s on this list.
- Baby Bloomr: I absolutely love Tori Taff. While her blog probably fits better in the “mommy blog” category, I think her witty stories and observations about family, life, culture, and faith should not missed. In addition to her talented writing, Tori is also quite witty on Twitter (especially when there’s an awards show on)!
- TIM: Though I’ve never met Tim Schraeder, as a frequent reader of his blog (on leadership, popular culture, churchy things, and communications), I feel like we could be best friends. I’ve heard others say the same thing about Tim. That’s because, amid his curious mix of observations, opinions, and stories, Tim always puts himself in the mix, which makes me feel like I know him. (You should know him, too.)
- Stephen Brewster: Brewster is a church creative rock star in my opinion. If you work in ministry, read his blog.
- Tamara Out Loud: Warning: Tamara’s occasional explicit choice of words might make you feel uncomfortable. But if you’ll give her a chance, she’ll make you fall in love with her. And I think you should give her a chance…
- Bryan Allain: Mr. Allain, in my opinion, is the best blogger I know. Though he’s a chemist during the 9 to 5, Bryan moonlights as one of the most creative, hilarious, talented writers in the blogosphere. If you’re not reading Bryan’s witty take on life, then you need to go add him to your reader right now. Do it.
- Danny Eason: While Danny and I disagree about a lot. I still love reading his blog. His love for God and the Church shines through with every blog post, and while I might disagree with his point of view, I can’t help but love his heart.
- Annie Blogs: What makes Annie Downs such a cool blogger is her willingness to put her soul–the good and the bad–into words. A talented writer and passionate about her faith (not to mention, she’s Nashville’s “Kevin Bacon”–she knows EVERYBODY), Annie’s words are warm and friendly and make you feel like you’ve known her your entire life.
Liberty Institute: Defending and Restoring Religious Liberty
Answers for Atheists
Freedom from Atheism Foundation
Stand Up for the Truth
Christian Digital Artwork
Old Earth Ministries
Alliance Defending Freedom
The Vigilant Christian
12 Steps, 1 Solution Facebook page for daily 12 step encouragement
Like Pastor Justin Steckbauer on Facebook
Liberty Church Online Facebook Group
God Grant me the Serenity Facebook page for daily encouragement
Last Days Christians Facebook page
Youtube Sermons and Videos:
Mark Driscoll The Problem with Christianity
Ravi Zacharias Q&A at Princeton
Ravi Zacharias at Liberty University
Joe and Charlie AA Big Book Study
Ravi Zacharias Answers to Life's Toughest Questions
Ravi Zacharias The Existence of God
Through a Glass, Darkly - my friend Jaime's blog.
Viewing Out - my friend Jeremy's apologetic blog
Dave Wager Podcast - Teacher/Speaker at Nicolet Bible Institute, scathing critiques on modern Christianity, I love this guy!
Light Love Hope - beautiful family written blog, God loving family for sure.
Intriguing analysis of the Matrix and the Bible
Understanding Donnie Darko
Hausdorff's Bible Blog
The Biblical World blog
God walked into this Bar
Tired of Thinking about Drinking
Happy Joyous & Free
The Fourth Dimension
Life is Good
New Sober Life
The Sober Journalist
The Discovering Alcoholic
Crying Out Now
Blogging Fusion Blog Directory